Sunday, December 30, 2012

I Was Always On My Mind


Joyce Meyers was singing to her husband.  She has a terrible singing voice but she insisted he come up on stage and she sang this song to him to the tune of Willie Nelson's "You Were Always On My Mind" ~

Maybe I didn't love you quite as often as I could have
Maybe I didn't treat you quite as good as I should have
If I made you feel second best, I'm sorry I was blind
It's because I was always on my mind.

Maybe I didn't hold you all those lonely, lonely times
I guess I never told you I'm so happy you are  mine
Little things I should have said and done
I just never took the time, I was always on my mind.

I laughed when she sang this song to Dave because I could sing the same song to Ken with a terrible singing voice also.  This is why I love Joyce Meyers.  She reminds me of me.  She was very strong and controlling in her marriage until God convicted and changed her.

You young women out there, don't make the mistake Joyce and I made.  Love your husband today.  Treat him with respect and the way you want to be treated.  Never make him feel second best.  Accept him the way that he is and allow the Lord to convict and change him.

This is what you are called by God to do and you will be so blessed in doing it.  Take your mind off of yourself and start living to bless and serve others.  In return, you will be so much happier and full of joy.

For our actions and reactions do indeed reap painful results in this present life as well as in eternity.  We live under a law of sowing and reaping that is as certain and unrelenting as disease and death.

The point is this:  whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly,
and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.
2 Corinthians 9:6

Alphabe ~ Thursday