Saturday, February 19, 2011

Jon's Mother, Lynette


Jon's parents, Dennis and Lynette, are visiting us this weekend.  I had the privilege of picking them up from the airport and feeding them on Friday.  They are a wonderful couple and I can't WAIT to be related to them.  Lynette serves Dennis...A LOT!!! 

Whenever he needs anything, she pops up and gets it for him.  People have given her negative comments about doing that like, "Why do you do everything for him?"  Her response to me was that she loves to serve and it is what she feels she has been called to do...beautiful. 

Jesus' last act on earth was to wash his disciples' feet as an example for us to serve.  If the Creator of the universe can do that, we can serve others, especially our husbands.  I use to want Ken to serve me. 

When I said my vows to him on my wedding day that I would love, honor, and cherish him I think I really meant that he should love, honor, and cherish me.  Now I know better. 

I am so much happier serving him and making him happy instead of expecting him to serve me and make me happy.  Jon has said his parents never argue.  I can see why.

Dennis adores his wife.  She makes him very happy.  Erin's mother, Beverly, is a servant also.  Both are such good examples of what a godly wife should look like.  I am so happy to be related to both of them! I hope to be like them when I grow up...

Her children arise up and call her blessed:  her husband also, and he praises her.  Many daughters have done virtuously, but you excel them all.
Proverbs 31:28,29