Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Your Beauty And Worth


Where does your beauty and worth come from?  Society?  Your friends? Your boyfriend or husband?  The way you dress?  The clothes you wear?  The shape of your figure?  Flawless skin?  Beautiful teeth?

As I grow older and get more wrinkles, thankfully, my beauty and worth don't come from any of those things.  My beauty and worth come from Jesus.  You see, I know who I am in Christ.  I am a new creature because of Him.  I am His child.  I am worthy because He tells me I am worthy.  In fact, I am the righteousness of God!  Wow!  Those are things to be celebrated.

Since I have found my worth in Christ, I can smile at the future. 

I can rejoice, for this is the day that the Lord has made! 

I can truly love and accept my husband just the way that he is because my worth doesn't come from him. 

I can love and enjoy my children. 

I can be generous and give because God is my provider
 and He will never run out. 

I can wash the dishes and toilets cheerfully,
doing my work heartily as to the Lord. 

I don't have to worry about gas prices going higher
because God will take care of all of my needs. 

I can claim all of God's promises for myself
because He tells me to and He is a promise keeper.

So stop trying to get your beauty and worth from how good you look or from how much you own or how athletic or talented you might be or even another human being.  All of those things fade away with age or disappoint.  Only God can fill that God-shaped vacuum so start filling it with Him!

For we are His workmanship,
created in Christ Jesus unto good works,
which God has before ordained that we should walk in them.
Ephesians 2:10

Gratituesday