Monday, April 29, 2013

Always Be Boyfriend And Girlfriend!


We never forget we're boyfriend and girlfriend.  He's my husband first and we're mom and dad second.  I know that sounds horrible but I think it's visibly clear on the show that I adore my children but I adore my husband more.  At the end of the day when my kids are grown and married, I don't want to be living with a stranger.
 
This was said by Caroline Manzo on an interview I saw of her recently.  I don't endorse her show or book since I have never watched her show or read her book but I thought this quote was amazing.  Her marriage of 29 years is probably happier than most Christian marriages that I know. 
 
When couples are dating, they are usually on their best behavior.  If you can behave that way while you are dating, you can continue to behave that way after you are married.  Always try to look your best.  Be warm and affectionate with him.  Try to find what pleases him.  Have fun with each other and laugh a lot.  Enjoy life together.
 
I have always encouraged women to put their husbands before their children since we were created to be their help meet.  This is the best gift you can give your children.  They feel such security in an insecure world when they know their parents love each other deeply.
 
When your children are all grown up and move away, which happens very quickly, you don't want to be living with a stranger or alone if you can help it.  The person you said "I do" to is the person you should plan on spending your whole life with so make the very best of it. 

He who finds a wife finds a good thing
and obtains favor from the Lord.
Proverbs 18:22