Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Wonderful Christmas Morning


Every Christmas morning, my sisters' families and my family all get together at my mom and dad's home and have a nice brunch.  Then we all gather together in the living room.  My dad presented all of us with his three favorite books.  Afterwards, we all went around and shared what God has taught us this year.

My nephew shared that he has really learned the value of his family.  Many of his college friends are from broken homes and hate going home.  They spend the nights drinking with friends, not wanting to be at home.  He has enjoyed spending evenings with his family just hanging out.

His mom, my sister, shared that she and her husband went through some rough times but she is so happy they stuck it out.  They became empty nesters last September and are enjoying having time alone.  Her husband said it was like they were newlyweds!

Family...a husband and a wife raising the children God may bless them with.  All of my parent's grandchildren were there except Ryan and Erin who spent Christmas with her family this year.  They all shared what the Lord has taught them.  More about faith.  More about trust.  More about grace.  More about the importance of Christian fellowship.  More about prayer. More about God's peace.

My dad teared up quite a bit.  He believes there is nothing greater than hearing his children and grandchildren all walking in Truth. 

If you come from a broken home, start a new, godly generation.  Love your husband.  Raise your children to know and love God.  Be happy and joyful so they will be drawn to what you have and want it for themselves.

It takes time and is a huge investment.  My parents are reaping what they have sown.  It is a beautiful thing.  With God ALL things are possible.

One generation shall commend your works to another,
and shall declare your mighty acts.
On the glorious splendor of your majesty,
and on your wondrous works,
I will meditate.
Psalm 145:4,5