Friday, December 21, 2012

Best Cranberry Sauce EVER!


My family doesn't eat cranberry sauce.  My mom always brings it for Thanksgiving and none of my family eats it.  I saw Pioneer Woman make some on television so I thought I would try it.  It was SO yummy!  My son-in-law said he could eat it as jam.  My daughter-in-law said it was as good as the best store bought kind.  I changed everything to organic because organic always tastes better and is better for you.  The added benefit is that it is SO easy!

Put everything into a saucepan ~

2 packages or boxes of fresh, organic cranberries
1 cup organic cranberry juice
1 cup maple syrup
6 Tablespoons organic orange juice
1 Tablespoon orange zest

Bring to a boil, then turn to simmer.  I probably simmered it for an hour or more and then took a potato masher and mashed it a little bit.  Let it cool, then put it in the refrigerator.  It turns into gel after it is cooled in the frig.  Enjoy!

Better is a dinner of herbs where love is
than a fattened ox and hatred with it.
Proverbs 15:17