Friday, March 16, 2012

Are Fevers Bad for Us?


Most people seem to be deathly afraid of fevers.  At the first sign of a fever, they take a drug to lower the fever.  People, you need to be much more afraid of the disease that is causing the fever and allow your bodies' own defense mechanism to fight the disease! 

I encourage you to read this article carefully to help you dispel all the myths about fevers that you have been taught.  Here is one compelling sentence from this article ~ As long as we remain captive to the medical myth that nature made a mistake in causing fever to arise during illness, our children will be put at risk.

I wonder if most auto-immune diseases and cancers are a result from not allowing the body to fight off diseases from childhood.  When you have a disease or infection, your body produces a fever to kill it.  Dr. Mendelsohn, who was a pediatrician for 30 years was the one I sought for advice whenever my children were sick.

I never took my children's temperature when they were sick.  I never gave them a drug to bring it down.  Dr. Mendelsohn writes that even fevers as high as 105 degrees won't hurt the child if they are able to keep well-hydrated.  In cases of poisoning or sunstroke, he recommends getting to the hospital or if the child can't stop vomiting. 

When you try to bring down the fever, you stop your body from fighting the disease and you are putting chemicals, like Tylenol, in your body that cause liver disease. Other countries and natural doctors in this country will even sometimes try to cause a fever in a body that has disease in it, because they know the benefit of a fever.

When my children had fevers, they usually just wanted to be cuddled.  I would give them lemon and honey water and make them as comfortable as I could.  The fever eventually broke and they were fine.  Dr. Marshall believes a healthy body can fight any infection except an infection in a tooth.

The key word there is healthy body by building a healthy immune system.  Most people aren't very healthy.  Now, remember, I am not a doctor.  I am just giving you what I have learned and experienced.  Absolutely go to the ER if your child is exhibiting any troublesome symptoms.  Do your own research and start believing in the body's incredible ability to heal itself instead of resorting to drugs.

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: 
marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
Psalm 139:14