Friday, March 23, 2012

Keep Your Body Well Oiled


This country has been on a low-fat diet craze for many years and new research has proven that this is not a healthy way to live. Our body needs healthy fats just like our car needs good oil. This article is written by a heart surgeon on what really causes heart disease. The bottom line is processed, dead food is the culprit. The farther our food source is from the way God made it, the unhealthier it is for us and all this junk food we are eating is causing inflammation in our bodies which leads to many diseases.

He says the best fats for you are grass fed butter and olive oil. I would add that it should be extra virgin olive oil. All the other oils are very processed. I also think organic coconut oil, ghee, fish oil, avocado oil, and avocados are very good for you. Here is a post on 52 ways to use coconut oil. I use it in my deodorant, peanut butter cups, and yummy chocolate that my grandchildren love and so do I! It's my favorite dessert. 

My advice to you is simply to get back to the way God intended us to eat food. Sure, it is more expensive but there are a lot of things you could probably cut out of your lifestyle to eat healthier. It will probably help cut down medical costs in the future.

It also takes time to buy fresh food and cut it up. I go to Jimbos {my healthy food store that I love} every couple days and buy all my fresh vegetables to make my salads. I am mentoring one young woman who just texted me and told me she is LOVING getting into this homemaking stuff! She is dehydrating her own nuts. She roasts chicken now and makes soup out of the stock.

When you realize how important eating healthy is to your family's health, you make the decision to take the time to do what it takes to feed them healthy.  
As you do this, you may even learn to enjoy it!

A land of wheat, and barley, and vines, and fig trees, 
 and pomegranates; a land of olive oil, and honey.
Deuteronomy 8:8