Thursday, March 22, 2012

Soft Answers Turn Away Wrath


This is a principle I have been putting into practice lately and it works!  I get angry emails from readers if I delete their comments or write something they disagree with.  I have tried responding in a gentle way.  It has worked every single time except one.  I think she was a very angry woman and didn't want to have anything to do with what I write.

People outside of this blog have gotten upset with me...family members and church members.  Every time I decide to respond in a gentle way, it has worked out so beautifully.  I keep reminding myself of God's principles.  We are to be at peace with all men.  We are called to love others.  Learning to respond in a soft way is a very good thing.

The more I put God's ways into practice, the better life becomes.  Since I am a teacher, I am going to be held much more accountable.  I don't want to disgrace the Word of God.  Am I perfect?  Am I the perfect wife and mother now?  NO!  I never will be but I am sure a lot better than I was even a year ago.  We should always be growing in the wisdom and knowledge of God and looking more like Jesus to those around us.

We gave one couple we are mentoring the word "Peace" as their word for the year.  They had very little peace in their marriage when we met them.  They have something they are working towards now and it is working out great.  Peace in a marriage is a goal to be sought after.

Ask your family how you are doing?  Are there areas you need to work on?  Learning to not respond in anger and get offended isn't easy.  It takes a choice to act upon God's Word and what is right instead of feelings.  Don't let your feelings run your life.  Let God's Word and the Holy Spirit run your life.  Everyone around will benefit.  And just remember, You can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens you!

A soft answer turns away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger
 Proverbs 15:1