Thursday, June 30, 2011

Quality Television?

Television isn't doing it for me right now. All the shows I use to like, I don't like anymore. The girls don't wear enough clothes for my comfort level. I am tired of the immodesty and over sexualization of everything. Even in the reality dancing and singing shows, the girls don't wear enough...the guys do, but the girls don't. It has ruined all the good shows for me.

Even the commercials are bad. I think it is a symptom of our decaying society.  I know guys like to see girls barely dressed, but it isn't good for them or us. Godly men pursue godliness and purity and it makes it difficult when there are mean women everywhere...provocative women who like to turn other women's men on.

I know we can tape it and fast forward through some of the junk, but frankly, I am sick of it. I am not watching much television these days. I would rather read, blog, cook, chat with people, or do something else.

Where are all the cute, funny and decent sitcoms I grew up watching? Why can't they make shows like that anymore? Even when my children were young, they had Full House and Family Matters. Today's kids don't get to grow up with any decent, funny family shows.

I've always wondered about labeling shows "For Mature Audiences Only."  If it's trash, it's trash. Why should adults watch it?  It hurts them just as much as it hurts children. You are what you watch and think. This is why God wants us to dwell on the lovely and the pure. It makes us happier when we do that.

So what about you? Oh, there are some decent cooking shows, sports, and reruns of  Little House on the Prairie. So I guess I will still watch it sometimes but not much...

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. 
Philippians 4:8