Saturday, June 18, 2011

It Ain't Easy Being A Submissive Wife!

Since this post has a BIG apology to my sisters, I thought it right to have a picture of them on here for you all to see! This is the only picture I could find on my computer that had my sisters in it (along with all the members of my side of the family several years ago.) Debbi is the one in the white t-shirt to the left and Alisa is the one in the brown multi-colored dress left of center. At our age, we like pictures to be small and far away! So this picture should make both of them very happy.


If you think being a gentle and submissive wife comes naturally to me, you are very wrong. I am the oldest of three girls. I was bossy and controlling. Ask my sisters. They will tell you I always got my way. (This is my official apology, Alisa and Debbi...I am sorry.  Will you forgive me for being such a bossy older sister?) 

When our Homeowners Association wouldn't allow basketball hoops in our driveway, guess who wrote the letter protesting and went around and got all the signatures...Me! 

When the dog below us yapped constantly, guess who called them all the time, left notes on their door, and wrote a letter telling them to shut that dog up Or Else and got all the neighbors to sign it...Me! 

Ask my children how controlling I was...They had to sneak junk food, so I wouldn't get mad at them.  I think they were actually afraid of me, which I don't necessarily think is bad. Kids should have a deep respect for authority. 

I am  lion...hear my roar! I am no golden retriever like Jon's Mother, Lynette, or my best friend, Sandy.  (I LOVE those golden retrievers!) It is not my personality to be gentle and submissive. BUT GOD worked a miracle in my life. 

I renewed my mind with His truth, His power has worked mightily in me, and I am a new woman.  Ask Ken...He tells everyone he's been married to 20 different women and he likes the latest model the best! (Number 30 will probably be perfect...;) So if I, as a former controlling, manipulative, first-born, bossy lion can change, anyone can, with God's mighty power living in and through you.

I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives within me. Galatians 2:20

I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me! 
Philippians 4:13