Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Fun Love Factory


Would this description describe your home?  A fun love factory?  Have you ever been in a home that you could describe that way?  The whole family loves each other and has fun together?  Don't you think growing up in a family like this would guard against children leaving the faith when they grow up? 

This is what Michael Pearl writes in his latest magazine  ~

Foremost, before you give attention to training and guiding your children, give them what they most need - parents who love each other and enjoy life together.

I watch celebrities on television talking about divorcing their spouse and they usually give the excuse that they only want to do what is best for the children....Everything they do is "for the children."  Satan loves that.  He loves for people to believe that divorce is the best option for children.  "It is much better for parents to divorce than to fight all the time,"  they say. 

Not so!  (Unless, of course, there is abuse.)  My parents argued most of the time and I am so thankful they stayed together.  I am sorry that no body ever told them that they didn't have to argue, but at least they stayed together.  That is an enormous security for children in  a very insecure and frightening world.

I don't care what anybody says about that...The best gift you can give your children is a "fun love factory"...A mother and a father madly in love with each other and enjoying life together.  How could children not grow up happy and well-adjusted in a family like that?

Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.  Romans 12:10

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.  I Corinthians 13:3

Do everything in love.  I Corinthians 16:14

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.  I John 4:7

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. I John 4:8

Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.  I John 4:11

My opinion...I think God wants us to love our husbands.

Linked to ~ Vintage Healthy Home Link Up