Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Ladies In Waiting



How you described Erin is pretty much me all the way. I know what you are saying is true, yet still what I know and what I experience don't seem to line up. To me it always feels as if the guy I am interested in overlooks me because I am quiet and soft spoken, not bold, loud, full of energy, bubbly, etc... I am just struggling on how to put that into perspective I guess. Would you have any wisdom for me?


This was one young woman's question to me after reading Femininity Delights A Man.  She is a beautiful, young woman that is waiting patiently for the spouse God has created just for her. I encouraged her to be very friendly to a man that she is interested in.  Ask him questions.  Look into his eyes.  Smile a lot and laugh at his jokes.  Show him you are interested. 

I asked Erin what advice she would give and this was her response ~

I am a quiet, reserved individual by nature, but when I'm in the presence of my Jesus, I am jubilant and bubbly and I dance and do silly things and hug my best friends and want everyone to be happy and as loved as I feel.  {pretty}

Ryan makes me feel that way, too, because he has dedicated his life to being like Christ, so Jesus is very present in his life. My advice would be this: be free and generous with the joy God gives you and the right guy will not overlook you when the time is right. {happy}

If you have to pull a Ruth and be like, "Hey, handsome, I happen to have these tickets to a concert to your favorite band (which I may or may not have found via your Facebook page...) and I can't find anyone else to go with me (which was actually true in my case), wanna go?" Flash that gorgeous smile and put the rest in God's hands. {funny}

I think letting a guy know you are interested in him is okay.  Men have egos and usually won't put themselves on the line, unless they know the girl is attracted to him.  Yes, we should be gentle and quiet in spirit, but that doesn't mean we can't be joyful, warm, happy, and friendly, especially to a young man that appears to have what we're looking for! {real}

Speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord.
Ephesians 5:19

For the joy of the Lord is your strength
Nehemiah 8:10