Sunday, March 27, 2011

Blaspheming the Word Of God?

The older women are to train the younger women to....be keepers at home...or they blaspheme the Word of God.
Titus 2:5

The dictionary's definition of blaspheme is to speak evil of; slander; abuse. Yes, it says this in the Bible.  It is pretty radical. 

I've been trying to figure out how younger women blaspheme the Bible if they aren't keepers at home.  I can only look back at my own experience and reflect on that.

 I worked full-time as a teacher until Alyssa was two.  During that time, I didn't feel like I was a good teacher, wife, or mother.  Guess who got neglected during that time?  Ken. 

I couldn't neglect my job or else I would get fired. 

I couldn't neglect Alyssa because she needed me. Actually, I did neglect Alyssa.  I had to leave her with someone else all day and by the time I picked her up after a long day of working, I was exhausted.  

Ken was definitely neglected. 

I couldn't do it all.  It was a very difficult time in my life.  I can't say anything good came out of those years.  Maybe that is why young working mothers with children at home speak evil of Scripture....It's difficult to be joyful, be the help meet you were created to be, or a good mother in these circumstances.

In my mother's day and age, husbands didn't want their wives to work.  They wanted their wives at home taking care of the home and children.  I don't see this same trend today.  Most husbands want their wives to work. 

People will say that the Proverbs 31 wife worked...She bought a field and sold the things she made.  Yes, but it all revolved around the home.  She made money from home which I think is a good thing.  But to leave your home for many hours each day, I don't think is a good thing.  I think Scripture backs me up on this one.