Sunday, April 17, 2011

Choose To Be Content

I felt horrible for over 20 years. I made a conscious decision when my children were small that I wasn't going to complain about it because I wanted them to enjoy life even if I wasn't. Just because I was miserable, didn't mean I wanted to make their lives miserable. When they were sick, I would teach them to suffer in silence. I would take good care of them, but I didn't want them groaning and moaning.

I asked Erin if Ryan was a baby when he was sick because most guys are. She responded, "I don't even know when he feels poorly because he doesn't tell me."  Good job, Ry! We aren't to grumble or complain, instead godliness with contentment is great gain

God teaches us many things through our pain, mostly reliance on Him and that this isn't our home. We are just passing through and we need to be salt and light in a dark world, especially through our sufferings and trials.

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
Philippians 4:12