Friday, April 15, 2011

Don't Argue Anymore

I have mentored many women on becoming better wives.  I wasn't a good one at all until eight years ago, as you know, if you've been reading my writings for any amount of time. 
If I give any advice to women who are struggling in their marriage, the first thing I tell them is to stop arguing.  It took me a long time to stop arguing...I had to bite my tongue A LOT but eventually I stopped and our marriage became so much better. 

Practice makes perfect.  I used to practice arguing and was really good at it.  Now I practice not arguing and I'm becoming very good at it.  It is NEVER too late to change. 

The Bible says in I Timothy, the servant of the Lord must not strive
{argue}, but be gentle unto all men {I assume this includes being gentle to our husbands}. 

Many places in the Bible it states that quarrelling and arguing should not be part of a believer's life.  It accomplishes nothing.  I needed to learn how to discuss things with Ken without arguing.  I still give my opinion but I don't have to be right and I only need to give it once...not over and over again.  It is possible to change your ways.  I am proof of that.

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity. 
Psalm 133:1

...giving diligence to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
Ephesians 4:3

If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.  Romans 12:18