Thursday, April 28, 2011

Emotional Attraction vs. Physical Attraction

Chemistry...What is it exactly?  Alyssa and I were on a walk and started  talking about this subject.  We think for men, chemistry is a physical thing.  They are very visual so when they see a woman they are attracted to, there is chemistry for the man. 

Women are not as visual.  We feel chemistry when our emotions get involved.  I wasn't attracted to Ken when I first met him.  There were many qualities I liked about him, but I didn't feel chemistry at first.  Then he started writing me love letters and saying nice things to me and I started feeling attracted to him. 

 Alyssa was saying the same thing.  At the very beginning, when she met Jon, she thought he was a great guy and good looking but it took him several days {not long ;) of flirting with her and saying nice things to her to win her heart {or emotions}.



What I take from this?  It is another area which proves men and women are different!  Men are more visual and women are more emotional.  Women should try to look their best before marriage because men are definitely more visual, but they also should try to look their best after they are married.  Men are still visual even after marriage!  We should aim to keep our man happy and that chemistry alive!



An unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord in both body and spirit. But a married woman is concerned about the affairs of this world--how she can please her husband
I Corinthians 7:34