Sunday, September 4, 2011

Celebrations of Weddings and Babies

Don't you love that title? Weddings and babies conjure up happy thoughts. They are a good thing. Did you know that "When God's blessing is on a nation there will be lots of joy and celebrations of weddings and babies"?  Nancy Campbell

America must be losing God's blessing, because marriage is losing favor quickly, along with having babies...

Did you know that having babies is actually healthy for a mother ~

During pregnancy, estriol, the anti-aging hormone, rises 1,000 times! Pregnancy hormones cleanse the ovaries of pre-cancerous cells and can help eliminate ovarian cancer, as well as breast and uterine cancers.

A nursing mother produces prolactin, a very protective, motherly hormone. This helps her embrace and enjoy motherhood and acts as a stress-fighting hormone.

Oxytocin is released during nursing and is a calming hormone, which can even put a mother to sleep while nursing.

While she nurses, her bones are re-mineralized, reducing the chance for osteoporosis!

All I can think of as I type these facts is...No wonder Michelle Duggar looks so young after delivering 19 children!

God is so good. His ways are so special. I love weddings and I love babies. They are blessings from God and His blessings are the best!

The voice of joy, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the voice of them that shall say, Praise the Lord of hosts: for the Lord is good; for his mercy endureth forever
Jeremiah 33:11

I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered my with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
Isaiah 61:10

For as a young man marries a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee:  and as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.
Isaiah 63:5

Most of this information is taken from Above Rubies Magazine which you can subscribe to for free.

P.S.  Yes, I have used this picture before but it was the best one that celebrated weddings and babies!   My oldest daughter's wedding to her Prince Charming and my son's wife and new baby.  Life couldn't get any better!






Weekend Bloggy Reading