Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Best In Each Other


Jon and Alyssa came down on Sunday.  We walked along the beach, ate at Ki's {yes, again!}, watched football {Go Chargers!}, and ate frozen yogurt.  It was a beautiful day and so much fun.  Since they are SO happily married, I always have something to learn from them.  They have done it right from the get-go.

Afterwards, Cassi told me that she wants to find someone that brings out the best in her.  Jon and Alyssa do that, so do Ryan and Erin {the very cute couple in the picture} ~ 

They are happy around each other. 

They flirt and smile with each other a lot. 

They encourage each other in their walk with Jesus. 

They want to stay in shape and look good for each other. 

They never interrupt, correct or try to control the other one. 

They show respect for their spouse's opinion and listen carefully when they speak. 

They hold hands and sit on each other's lap a lot. 

They are madly in love with each other...I think this is the way God intends for marriage to be...

My sister's son {I won't mention names!} told his mom that he wants a marriage just like her marriage to his dad.  They enjoy doing the same things together.  They are best friends.  They like to hike, swim, and go on long walks.  They would rather be with each other than with anyone else.

My neighbor told me that my two married children have set the bar too high for my younger two.  I told her, "No, God has someone special picked out for them also."  God does some good pickin'. 

Let God write your love story.  Jon even called Alyssa his "soul mate" the other day! {Even though he doesn't like that term...a bit too New Agey for him. :) }  God is so good.  I just love His ways!

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.   
Proverbs 3:5,6