Friday, September 23, 2011

How Can I Please You?

Eight years ago, while I was reading Created To Be His Help Meet, I was convicted about something.  I went up to Ken's study, looked at him, and asked,  "How can I please you?'  Well...he almost fell off of his chair.  He tried to figure out what to say and finally said,  "Maybe you can iron my shirts once in awhile..."  

So I went off to iron his shirts.  Several shirts later, I came back to him and asked him if I could do two a day because my neck hurt too much to iron for very long.  He said, "Sure," and looked at me quizzically.

That began the healing of our marriage.  Since then, I have learned many things that please him and try to do them.  He now wants to please me also.  You reap what you sow.

I challenge you to go to your husband and ask him that question.  You can't read his mind.  The woman I mentor said she likes to fix her husband supper, but she found out he doesn't like her to fix him dinner.  It brings him joy to fix his own dinner, so now she lets him.

Find out what pleases your man.  You may be surprised!

But a married woman is concerned about the affairs of this world--how she       can please her husband.  
I Corinthians 7:34