Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Going to Bible Study Doesn't Make You a Godly Woman


If going to Bible Studies made women godly, I would have been godly from the time I got married. I almost always was involved in a Bible study and even was a group leader at times. I thought I was a godly woman but I wasn't. God tells us that a godly woman has a meek and quiet spirit and adorns herself by being in subjection to her husband. I failed the test big time and so do many other women.

I taught Bible studies when I was young but it wasn't until I began teaching Created to Be His Help Meet that I knew I was right where God wanted me to be. Women hungered for this teaching; they still do because they know it is right and good. I have seen too many women who are faithful in attending Bible Study, seminars, counseling, and retreats, yet treat their husbands with contempt. The blame lies in the churches of today, namely the older women in the churches. Yes, preachers should be preaching this and some do but way too few. I don't hear many famous women teachers and "preachers" teaching other women what matters to God either. 

God has made it abundantly clear in His Word what He wants women being taught. He wants them to be taught to be sober, love and obey their husband, love their children, be chaste, discreet, and keepers at home. There is no guessing game about this. I don't see going to Bible Studies in this list or anywhere in God's Word. Yes, He wants His Word to dwell in us richly but He cares way more about our obedience than going to a Bible Study yet failing to do what He commands women to do.

I am not against Bible Studies but all Bible Studies and teaching for women should clearly teach Titus 2:3-5. Women wouldn't be so lost and looking for fulfillment and meaning in all the wrong places if this was consistently taught. Marriages would be stronger. Children would be more loved and secure having their mothers home full-time with them. Women would dress modestly and act discreetly. These are all things that today's Christian women should be taught in the churches and from all women who teach the Word.

What good is teaching the Word if women are in rebellion to their husbands, have rebellious children, and empty homes? It's meaningless because there are too many women blaspheming the Word by disregarding these important commands that are the building blocks of any family and church. If you aren't being taught in your church, gather a few of the women together in your home, even if it is once a month, and begin teaching them Created to Be His Help Meet. When you teach it, you become more and more convicted about all of it since you must be a model to those you teach. This is good and way more important than any Bible Study you might attend.

The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
Titus 2:3-5