Monday, May 9, 2011

The Three Types Of Men

Debi Pearl wrote that there are three different types of men: Command, Steady, and Visionary.  You can read about it here: Created To Be His Helpmeet.  Most men will fall strongly into one stereotype.  Knowing what kind of man you are married to helps a lot! 

I am married to a Command Man.  I was mentoring a woman a few weeks ago and her husband is also a Command Man so we were reading the chapter on that.  I read where it said that they always have to be right.  Wow!  I always wanted to be right so that led to lots of arguments.  Now, I let him be right and it is much more peaceful. 

My sister, Alisa, is married to a Mr. Steady.  Greg likes his home quiet, orderly, and uncluttered.  She has tried very hard to keep it that way for him. 

My other sister, Debbi, is married to Mr. Visionary.  She realized this when she was dating him and he talked about digging for wells in Africa.  Jonathan likes to try new things.  He loves adventure. 

Understanding what your man likes and how God created him, helps the marriage immensely.  When I give Debi's book to women, I usually tell them to read the chapter on the three types of men first.  It is very eye opening.  Anything that helps marriages, is a very good thing.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him:  male and female created he them....And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. 
Genesis 1:27