Friday, May 13, 2011

American Idol

This is suppose to be a family friendly show. I don't think it is anymore. The last two nights were awful, morality wise. I love the contestants!!! This has been my favorite show, along with watching the Chargers play football, but I am starting to feel like I need a bath afterwards.

Lady Gaga? How she coached them, what she wears, and her performance? Blech! Jordan Sparks...I didn't enjoy her performance considering she's wearing a purity ring. Steven Tyler's video was inappropriate for children to see. Lauren singing about being evil and Lady Gaga saying being evil isn't so bad at the end of the day.  Oh and I can't forget the Victoria Secret commercials (which I speed through).  It all just seems so highly sexualized and impure. That saddens me.

Did anyone happen to see the commercial on Wednesday night encouraging homosexuals that it gets better with age or was that my imagination? I just keep reminding myself that this isn't my home so I shouldn't expect to feel comfortable here.

Kicking off James!!! He was my favorite. I don't watch much television and I try to watch things that are uplifting and decent, so I don't think I will be watching American Idol anymore. It is just no longer my cup of tea...