Monday, May 30, 2011

Chip On Your Shoulder

How many of you go around with a chip on your shoulder?  Upset about what your husband or friend said or did to you?  Taking it personally and getting into a tizzy about it?  Debi Pearl states,

I never have a chip on my shoulder, no matter how offended I have a right to be....(Instead) Live with thanksgiving, forgiveness, and joy, and enjoy all your moments as if they were your last.  Someday, soon enough, they will be.

What freedom this advice has brought to my life!  I use to be a ping-pong ball of emotions.  If Ken was treating me fairly, I was happy.  As soon as he did something I didn't like, I was unhappy.  Now, whether he is acting as I wish or isn't, I am happy.  I don't let things bother me anymore.  I realize I am not perfect and I don't know everything, so I let him (and others) be them self.  I think he would say he enjoys life a lot more now also!

Life is way too short to make anybody else's life miserable.  We never know when the Lord will take us home.  Live each day as if it were your last.  Love other people and be very patient with them, especially your husband if you have one.  It is the right thing to do.  It is a good thing.