Sunday, May 8, 2011

Motherhood~The Greatest Profession

Feminism lied to us~

It told us we weren't content to be at home raising our babies and taking care of our husbands. 

We deserved to be like men and have a career outside the home that would fulfill us. 

Being at home was boring and unfulfilled. 

Wow!  In my old age I can definitely say, we've been led astray.  Rocking my little grand baby, looking into her sweet face, smelling her fresh baby smell, watching her smile back at me...NOTHING beats that!  As I am rocking her, I am thinking that the time I am investing in her is storing treasures in heaven.  This is an eternal human being that will one day impact society for good.  She will be raised to love Jesus, work hard, tell the truth, be honest in all her dealings, and serve other people.  What is more important than that? 

So when you feel worthless as you change another diaper, rock your child with a fever, read the same book for the hundredth time, remember how valuable your time is being spent.  You are shaping the future generation.  Amazing!  Your worth as a mother is very valuable.  Our Creator says so.

That they may teach the young women to be sober , to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
Titus 2:4,5

I will therefore that the younger women marry , bear children , guide the house , give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully.
I Timothy 5:14