Friday, May 27, 2011

A Thankful Spirit

A wise woman sets a joyful mood in her home.  Through laughter, music, and happy times, she creates a positive attitude in her children.  She knows that a lighthearted home relieves her husband of stress.
Debi Pearl

I think my sister, Alisa, actually lives this out.  Every one loves being around her because she is so much fun...generous, laughs a lot, loves adventure, loves to entertain and be entertained.  She celebrated her 50th birthday last year for a month!!!  Her children, I think, would rather be around her than anybody else.  She has a million friends and I am not even exaggerating...well, maybe a little.

Another person that reminds me of this is my daughter-in-law, Erin.  She should have been named "Sunshine".  She is especially happy now that she is married to a "stud" {as she calls him} and has a precious baby.  She loves flowers and dresses that twirl when she spins around.  She's generous and loves people.  Ryan is one blessed man to have her as his wife.

We all love being around happy people.  All the years I was sick, it was impossible to be happy but I tried very hard to not complain, but at least to be pleasant to be around.  Now that I am feeling better, it is much easier to be joyful.  Sometimes I have to remind myself to be happy, but it works every time I do.  Make a decision to be thankful and joyful.  Your family and friends will love it!