Thursday, May 19, 2011

Blessed and Happy

The Bible says we will be blessed and happy if we....are well fed? 

Have all the stuff we could ever want? 

Live in a big house near the ocean? 

Married an incredible man who waits on us hand and foot? 

Our children are perfect and go to a perfect school? 

Have lots of good friends who love us? 

Have an amazing church where everyone is nice? 

No....The Bible says we are blessed and happy if we wash each other's feet....What?  Yep!  I tried for many years to make other people live up to my standards and serve me. Then I thought I would be happy, but I wasn't at all.  The Bible is right...Imagine that!  The more I have learned to serve others, be generous, and forget about myself, the happier and more blessed I feel.  God keeps His promises.

If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet...If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them
John 13:17

I just love God's ways.  They are so good.