Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Having A Pity Party


Is wanting a potato so bad?  That is all I wanted.  After several days of excruciating pain and not hardly able to eat anything, I just wanted a potato, something soft and filling.  I asked my dad to stop by my favorite health food store and pick up some vegetable soup.

He brought me chicken noodle. No potatoes...I asked Cassi to buy me some potatoes.  The next day I went to put a potato in the oven and all the potatoes were green with brown spots all over them.  No potatoes...

The next day, she bought me some good potatoes and made a big pot of vegetable soup for me.  I couldn't wait to finally have some potatoes.  I went to get some soup and there was not ONE potato in the whole soup!!!  I almost lost it.  I did shed a few tears.  I wanted to text her, "Where are the potatoes???"  Make her feel bad, you know.  Then I remembered she put in all that effort to buy all the ingredients for me and cut up all the vegetables.

The day before, my dad was visiting me and gave me a foot massage and read some of My Utmost For His Highest to me as I sat with frozen peas on my head.  He read about self-pity being satanic.  I know that.  I rarely give into self-pity because I know it is evil.  It is telling God that He isn't doing a very good job being in control.

I remembered that as soon as I wanted to cry over no potatoes and days of being in pain.  I have already had a lot of pain in my life.  I have already had to miss many fun things in my life.  But then I renewed my mind with God's Truth.  He is in control and I must be content with what He is doing in my life.  So I decided I was going to be okay without potatoes.

Next time you want to have a pity party, remember that you have allowed Satan to have the victory.  I don't ever want him to have the victory in my life.  I always want God to have the victory no matter what is happening.  He deserves all my praise and all the glory.  This is not my home.  He is preparing a mansion for me.  This is just Grand Central Station and we are all either buying a ticket to heaven or to hell.

I bought my ticket to heaven a long time ago.  I have no reason to ever indulge in self-pity.  God is on His throne and I know how the story ends.  Amen.

Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.
Philippians 4:11

Faith Filled Friday