Friday, May 11, 2012

Healing Without Drugs


Starting when our son was around three years old, he would get poison ivy every summer.  We had it in our backyard somewhere and he would swell up like a balloon. He could barely see through his eyes. He wasn't that uncomfortable but it wasn't fun.I didn't want to take him to the doctor because I knew they would put him on steroids. I took him off all sugar and gave him warm oatmeal baths. Every summer, he would break out with it but each summer it would get less and less until he didn't break out with it anymore. His body had developed immunity to it.

My daughter burned her foot pretty severely when she was around six years old. When I was able to pull the heating pad off of her foot, a big chunk of skin came off with it. I sat her on my bed and got a big junk of fresh aloe out of our back yard {as you see in the picture above} and for four days just kept putting fresh aloe on her foot. On the fifth day, the skin was pink and pretty. Neighbors told me I should have taken her to the ER because she could have gotten an infection.

I never immunized my children. They never had asthma or allergies. I rarely gave them any drugs. They had strong immune system. One man that was at my home today said that three of his four children have really bad asthma. I asked him if they were immunized. He told me they were.

I don't know, but it seems all these vaccinations, drugs, and antibiotics are wreaking havoc with the immune system. They destroy the friendly flora in the gut and that leads to all kinds of disease. When I was growing up, no one had allergies, asthma, or autoimmune diseases. Dr. Oz had another doctor on his show and they said one of the first things they learn in medical school is that ALL drugs are toxic to the human body and have side effects. Diet and lifestyle should be addressed before any drugs are ever given!

Study nutrition. Be smart. Be educated. Just because your doctor tells you to do something, don't just do it. Drugs are powerful agents. Know the benefits and side effects before giving them to your children. My dad almost died from an antibiotic. Keep your immune system strong. That is your best defense!

I turned my heart to know and to search out 
and to seek wisdom and the scheme of things.
Ecclesiastes 7:25

***Remember, I'm NOT a doctor. I'm just a homemaker who loves to research 
natural cures and have found many that have worked for my family and me. Information I have given is for educational and informational purposes only and to motivate you to make your own health care and dietary decisions based upon your own research and in partnership with your health care provider. Any statements or claims about the possible health benefits conferred by any foods or supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Nothing you read here should be relied upon to determine dietary changes, a medical diagnosis or course of treatment.