Sunday, July 8, 2012

Obligated To Have Sex?


A question was asked on another blog what a husband should do if the wife only gives him sex once a month. I commented that he needs to pray for an older woman to teach his wife how to love her husband or for the Holy Spirit to convict her that she needs to give her husband a lot more sex. 

Another woman responded to my comment,  "As a woman, I get my back up if someone tells me that I am obligated to have sex with my husband. Excuse me? What about my rights and my happiness?"

Most people do not like being told what to do. This is why most people don't want to believe in God. They don't want anyone to tell them what to do.  They want to do things their way.

If you are a Christian, you need to have a teachable spirit and be willing to be told what to do. The Bible is full of instructions on how we are to live our lives. The young women I mentor have teachable spirits, thus their marriages and lives dramatically improve as they start obeying God.

Just because these women, and there are many of them, don't want to be told they need to be having a lot of sex with their husbands and if they don't, they're sinning, doesn't mean we should stop speaking truth. The Bible is very clear about the husbands' and wives' duty to each other so I am going to be clear also. God commands us NOT to deprive our husbands of sex. It isn't based upon our feelings but upon obeying God.

This woman only cared about her own rights and happiness.  This along with having 'hurt feelings' which women tend to get easily, all boils down to selfishness...Thinking only about yourself.  She will never find happiness as long as she is selfish and until she lays down her rights and her goals of happiness and starts serving her husband and making him happy.

God's ways are so opposite of our own feelings or what we want but when obeyed, they are the true source of joy. So always keep a teachable spirit open to God's ways because they are so good.

Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence {sex}:  and likewise also the wife unto the husband.  The wife has not power of her own body, but the husband:  and likewise also the husband has not power of his own body, but the wife.  Defraud ye not one another...
I Corinthians 7:3-5