Thursday, June 4, 2015

My Happily Married Children!

Jon and Alyssa
All four of my children are married, as most of you know. They are happily married! Alyssa and Jon have been married four years and she can't say enough good things about how wonderful he is as a husband. She's had to go away a few days for weddings without him and he hates being apart from her! 

Ryan and Erin
Ryan and Erin have been married five years and are still going strong, even with a third baby on the way. They have us watch their children once a week so they can have alone time. They always have a great time together. Ryan told me there is nothing he would change about Erin! 

Steven and Emily
Steven just told me that Emily makes him SO happy. I thanked Emily for making my son so happy and she responded, "We make each other SO happy! I love being married." 

Cassi and Ryan
We just spent several days with Ryan and Cassi and they are adorable together. When Ryan is studying, he wants Cassi by his side. They are like two peas in a pod. Cassi doesn't let things about Ryan bother her. I read this quote recently, "You will encounter people today who have the potential to drive you crazy--but remember, only you can give them the keys." Cassi doesn't give Ryan the keys often! She loves and accepts him the way he is and they enjoy doing all the same things; hating to be apart.

All of my children's spouses have parents who are still married and love Jesus. They are all wonderful people and we love them. We are blessed. The Bible is right. There is NO greater joy than to see your children walk in Truth because when they walk in Truth, their lives are a LOT better. God's ways are to protect us and are the best for us. Sure, we're still going to have trials and tribulations and they all have their own personal struggles but we can have happy, strong marriages, disciplined and secure children, warm and joyful homes and be a light to those around us. There is NOTHING that can compare to God's ways. 

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
3 John 1:4