Saturday, March 26, 2011

I'm Suppose To Obey My Husband?

Ewww!  Yuck!!!  Most women aren't going to like this topic but I don't avoid topics just because they are unpleasant, if you haven't noticed already.  I think I am going to need the power of Scripture to back me up on this one.  {Actually, I try to back up everything I believe with Scripture.  My convictions are worthless without it.}  Okay, here are the verses:

That they may teach the young women to be sober , to love their husbands, to love their children,  To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
Titus 2:4,5

Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husband IN EVERYTHING. 
Ephesians 5:24

There it is.  I'm not real good at it but I'm a lot better than I use to be.  You can make up all kinds of excuses why we shouldn't have to obey or submit to our husbands but you'll have to argue with our Creator, not me.  How it looks... you will have to figure that one out but I think it means to obey your husband.  All I can say is, I'm getting better...but don't ask Ken.  He might not agree! ;)

P.S.  I know I take very politically incorrect views on most things but I have found that the more I seek to live within the parameters of God's Word, the better life becomes for me and those around me.