Saturday, February 6, 2016

Lives Spent on Being Entertained


Is your mission to enjoy life and find as much fun and experiences for yourself as you can in this short life? Or is it to glorify God in all that you do and do everything you can to spread the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ? Many young people have forgotten their mission statement. They have believed the lies of society. Here are some important comments Matt Walsh made about this topic ~

These days we tell people that their twenties ought to be a decade entirely devoted to yourself. Spend money on yourself, live for yourself, entertain yourself, and try to put yourself in a better position so that you can make yourself more comfortable. It’s no coincidence that this strategy has increased in popularity at the exact rate that maturity and self-sufficiency have declined in this country.

The truth is, for many of us, our youth is supposed to be spent on something greater than keeping ourselves entertained. In many cases — probably in most cases — people should start thinking about marriage and kids when they’re still young and energetic. All of the reasons why we say young people shouldn’t start families are the precise reasons why we should.

If your goal is to spread the Gospel, one of the greatest avenues you have of doing this is to get married and raise godly offspring, just as God has defined the purpose for marriage. In this way, you have little human beings who you can raise in the nurture and admonition of the Lord; feeding them upon the Word of God. God's command is to be fruitful and multiply and it has never changed. If all Christians were having many children and raising them up in the Lord, oh, what a strong force for God's Kingdom there would be in today's society. Instead, Christians are doing exactly what Matt Walsh wrote about and we, as a society, are paying a heavy price for Christians' disobedience to God's command.

One young woman in the chat room wrote these words right after she joined, "We put off having children so I could work for a while. I actually had to stop reading Lori's blog during that time because it was so convicting that I didn't want to hear it. 

It still took 3 months for me to be convinced to quit my job once our daughter was born and I've been home ever since! I am now regretting putting off having kids because I love being at home so much! And it's disheartening because it seems to take us some time to get pregnant. I finally learned to trust God with the size of our family thinking I needed to prepare for a big one and now I'm learning to trust him with our not-so-big family too."
smile emoticoIt still took 3 months for me to be convinced to quit my job once our daughter was born and I've been home ever since! I am now regretting putting off having kids because I love being at home so much! And it's disheartening because it seems to take us some time to get pregnant. I finally learned to trust God with the size of our family thinking I needed to prepare for a big one and now I'm learning to trust him with our not-so-big family, too.
Life is very, very short.  Our society exalts education and careers for women above all else. Can you find anywhere in the Bible that God says these goals for women are important? Fertility is only a short time in a woman's life. Use this short time to obey the Great Commission; to spread the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Raise mighty arrows for the Lord. Be at home with them full-time continually teaching them about Jesus' love for them. Our job of motherhood is a very important ministry and crucial for raising the next generation of believers. 

Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: 
they shall not be ashamed, 
but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.
Psalm 127:5

***If you're wondering about that little smiley face, for some reason I can't get rid of it and believe me, I have tried everything! It insists on staying.