Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Understanding Your Man


Understanding your man and his personality is so important to having a good marriage and being the help meet you are meant to be for him.  I hear women complain all the time about their "boring" husbands or their "strong" husbands or their "controlling" husbands or those who refuse to be a leader.

Debi Pearl has a great article on the three types of men HERE.  I encourage all of you to read it.  It was the very first article I had ever read from Debi and it resonated with me immediately.  I am married to a Command Man.  I think Cabinetman and Sunshine Mary's Husband are also Command Men.  Many women said their husbands would never do what those husbands did.  It is most likely because they are married to a Mr. Steady.  A Mr. Steady would have a very hard time doing what they did to control their unsubmissive wives {which was not abusive in any way, shape or form!}.

Mr. Steady is the most common type of man.  I have mentored so many women who were so discontent with their Mr. Steady man.  They wanted a stronger man who would take leadership roles and lead the fight for what is right.  Then they read Debi Pearl's description of a Mr. Steady and began understanding their man.  Eventually, they fell madly in love with their Mr. Steady and appreciated who God made him to be.

When we understand what kind of man our man is, we can learn to deal with him in an appropriate way.  A Mr. Command man isn't going to put up with an unsubmissive, rebellious wife as well as a Mr. Steady will.  We must accept that and allow him to do what he needs to do to help us become the woman God wants us to be.

I am happy God gave me a Mr. Command man since I am so strong.  I would have run right over a Mr. Steady.  I tried doing it with Ken but it didn't work out so well.  All the guys I was attracted to in college were Mr. Command men.

If you are married to a Mr. Visionary, Debi tells women to put their seat belts on and enjoy the ride.  They are the ones who discover things and don't like to stay in one place for too long.

So, read this article.  Begin to understand your man and mold your life to him accordingly.  It will make your marriage much easier and your man much happier.

And the Lord God said, 
It is not good that the man should be alone;  
I will make him a help meet for him.
Genesis 2:18