Thursday, July 7, 2016

Deleting and Moderating Comments


Almost since the day I began writing for my blog over five years ago, I have been receiving comments from many who have a great dislike for what I write and how I "say" things. I eventually had to begin moderating all of my comments since trying to debate these people never seemed to be productive or beneficial. One day, a close friend of mine said she stopped reading my blog since she couldn't stand the mean comments I was getting. She said it took away from the message I was trying to teach. Others have told me they dislike the combative and argumentative comments as well. They serve no good purpose. Satan's purpose is to steal, kill, and destroy. My purpose is encourage women in the ways of the Lord because His Words and ways are life.

My blog is a teaching blog, not a debating blog like many of them out there are today. I am teaching Titus 2:4, 5 to any women who would like to learn from me. I hold my convictions firmly and I want them to be biblical. If this is not your cup of tea, no one is forcing you to read my written words. I know I am not perfect and have areas I continue to grow in, but I am not going to publish comments that are continually disagreeable to what I teach. If you have a question, I will be happy to publish it but if you have a comment that is completely opposed to what I have written, I will not publish it. Some accuse me of being "judgmental" when they are judging me all the time. I don't take it personally, however, since I only have one Judge whom I am trying to please and He will have the final say. You shouldn't feel "judged" by anyone, if you know that you are living your life in obedience to the Lord!

On my Facebook Always Learning page, I hide negative and mean-spirited comments and depending upon how mean they are, some will be banned from commenting on my page since these are a distraction as well. If you have something you feel the need to tell me, email me. It's interesting that most refuse to email me but want to be critical of me through the comments on my blog and Facebook page. I have sisters, parents, a husband, children, and close friends who have helped refine who I am today. Ken and I hold each other accountable with any area of sin in our lives. We know we will be held to a higher standard since we are teachers of many. Therefore, we take what we do very seriously. 

 It's unfortunate that women who are in the same position of life that I am are fearful of teaching what I teach because they see the backlash that I receive. This is to be expected, especially in the climate that our country is in right now. If any of you older women want to teach younger women but don't want the backlash, pray about it and seek out some younger women in your church to mentor. One-on-one mentoring is how I began and teaching small groups of women. It's a great way to be sharpened in what you teach and how you live your life as a wife and mother. Trying to begin a blog right off the bat doesn't give you the practical hands-on experience that is needed. Young women need to see your expressions and true desire to help them. Besides, the young women will teach you many things by the continual questions they will ask of you. I loved it!

I am not mean, contrary to some people's opinions of me. I will never call people names, swear at them, or intentionally try to hurt someone. I do call out sin and those who are trying to lead women astray since I hate sin and I want women to walk in obedience to the Lord. If you meet me in person, you would see that I am not a mean person. However, I love teachers and preachers who give it to me straight so I am this kind of teacher. I don't try to sugar coat the clear Word of God. There are others who are sweet-natured and I enjoy reading their blogs, but I like the ones who don't mince words but speak the Truth clearly and boldly. You may not like my style but this is okay. Find blogs that fit your style. God made us all different with different likes. He is a creative God and this makes the world colorful! I love challenging women since I love to be challenged. 

Thank you to all of you who have supported me over the years. I appreciate it! Your encouragement is what keeps me going and I am thankful to the Lord for giving me this ministry. I take it seriously and only want to please Him.

Finally, for those of you who want to "put me in my place" and help me to be able to reach the women of this century, no thank you. I will continue to teach those who want to put themselves on the ancient path that the Lord has laid out for them. It's not my path that I am teaching; it is the Lord's. I will only have to answer to Him what I have taught.

For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? 
for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
Galatians 1:10