Thursday, April 11, 2013

Slowing Down A Bit


It is never good news when you go to pick up the results of your MRI and the radiologist comes out and tells you he is sorry.  I had a meningioma {tumor} in my pituitary region nine years ago.  When the neurosurgeon came to me after the surgery, he told me he had never seen anything like it.  There are only a few recorded ever.
He told me I would have to have an MRI every five years but the recurrence is only 10%.  Last May, I thought I inflamed my cranial nerve in my right temple from eating a lot of carrots.  Today, I found out my tumor has returned.  It is benign but dangerous.  Once it fills up the space where my pituitary is, my body begins shutting down.
This time, however, I know I just need to eat a massive amounts of salt and drink a tiny bit of water.  My dad, a retired doctor, is in the process of finding a neurosurgeon who has done a lot of these types of surgeries.  The one I had nine years ago is retired.
I was going to stop publishing posts but Cassi encouraged me to continue doing so as long as I could since I love it so much and it is a wonderful distraction from the pain and fear.  I have MANY posts already written.  Anytime I am feeling okay, I write.
So I will continue to publish posts and keep you updated on my health and when surgery will be...hopefully sooner rather than later now that I know my health will continue to deteriorate until I get this tumor out.
Thank you so much for your love and prayers.  It is a huge blessing in my life. 
Love, Lori
Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing,
that ye may abound in hope,
through the power of the Holy Ghost.
Romans 15:13