Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Critical Attitude

"My critical attitude is a far graver sin than his bad habits."  Debi Pearl

How many women truly believe this?  Yet they spend most of their married lives thinking critical thoughts towards their husbands, thinking that they are a much better person than them.  I know I did.  Oh how I wish an older woman would have come by my side and whispered in my ear, "Stop doing that to your husband, Lori. Stop putting him down.  Stop saying critical things about him.  Stop interrupting him and correcting him." 

For some reason we can't see how harmful our behavior is to our marriage.  That is why God tells the older women to train the younger women.

So, as an older women, if you have a critical attitude towards your husband or are trying to change him...."STOP IT!!!"  There, I said it.  I hope you are listening...I am sorry if it seems like I am beating a dead horse, but there are many women out there who need to hear it over and over again.  I am just taking the admonition seriously that says,  "Encourage one another daily..."

"Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamor, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:  And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."  (Ephesians 4:31,32)