Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Hand of God

I believe that the coming together of a man and woman, like everything else (e.g. the fall of [a] sparrow) is in the hand of God.  C.S. Lewis

I love this!  I love knowing that God had a BIG hand in choosing my spouse.  I prayed a lot when deciding if I should marry Ken or not.  I wanted it to be His will.  I asked him to close the door if I wasn't suppose to marry him, but Ken kept telling me we were "molded" for each other.  I love knowing that God chose Jon for Alyssa and Erin for Ryan.  They are perfect for each other.  They compliment each other. 

If you seek God's will, He is going to give you His will.  He wants us to want His will, because He knows a lot better than we do.  I always felt that if He could save our souls, He could find us a spouse that is perfect for us...not perfect, but perfect for you, if you ask.  All He wants is for us to ask.  That's it.  Seek His will and He will lead you~ 

You will have a peace about the person you will want to marry. 

You will know you don't want to live without them. 

You will know you want to spend the rest of your life with them. 

You will know they are a gift from God's loving hand.

Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you.  Matthew 6:33

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5