Sunday, July 17, 2011

Learn To Serve!

"A wise woman never expects anyone to serve her, and is therefore never disappointed.  She is ready to help, always a giver.  By her example, her children learn to cheerfully and energetically serve."  Debi Pearl

This was a difficult one for me.  I really loved being served.  I wanted Ken to serve me and make me happy.  I was VERY selfish.   After 20 years of being ill and having others serve me, I have learned how wonderful it is to serve.  God used some pretty difficult times in my life to teach me this lesson ~ 

Now I love washing my dishes because I can stand for long periods without being in pain...I have the strength to do it.  Praise God! 

I love fixing healthy food for people even if it means spending a lot of time chopping up salads and making things from scratch, because I am able to do it myself and not wait for others to do it.  Praise God! 

I love running people to the airport over 35 minutes away because I am able to drive...I am not flat on my back in constant pain.  Praise God!

I love having people stay at my home and trying to make them feel special because I am able to...I now have the energy to do it.  Praise God!

Serving other people and being generous with them is so much more fun than lying in bed in chronic pain and having other people serve me.  It is too bad it took a hard-headed woman like me so many years and so much pain to figure that one out. 

Figure it out today.  You do reap what you sow.  Sow seeds of loving and serving others.  The fruit is very sweet.

Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men. Ephesians 6:7