Monday, August 8, 2011

Husbands Are Not Perfect

Your husband has a lot of faults. You have a lot of faults, but hopefully as you grow in the wisdom and knowledge of the Lord, your faults will become less and less. BUT, in the meantime, don't share his faults with others, except maybe a trusted close friend or mentor who will give you wise advice.

Ken traveled a lot when my children were young. He would be gone half of the year. I would take him to the airport. We were doing fine when he left. Someone would remind me of his faults while he was flying to his destination. By the time he landed and called me, I would be so upset with him that we would get in a big argument.

How foolish I was to listen to others criticize my husband or criticize him to others. It accomplished nothing beneficial.  It actually greatly harmed the relationship.

We are told to not let any unwholesome word come out of our mouth. This includes negative words about our husband. So instead of focusing on his faults, start focusing on all of the good qualities he possesses. Your marriage, hopefully, will improve dramatically!

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 
Ephesians 4:29

Thirsty Thursday