Monday, August 22, 2011

Thankful for Gifts and Talents

One thing that I have noticed in the blogging world is the variety of gifts and talents out there ~

Some are incredible photographers and have the most beautiful pictures...

Some are great in the kitchen and can whip up the most delicious recipes...

Some are good writers and can help you feel what they are writing with their words...

Some can decorate a home like no body's business...

Some can grow gorgeous gardens full of delightful flowers and vegetables...

We all have different gifts and talents.  It is good to figure out what yours are and go for it, instead of trying to be someone you are not ~

I thought maybe I should get a better camera to take better pictures.  Cassi told me mine were fine...

I have a few stand-by, healthy recipes that I have posted, but that's it...

I am not a fabulous writer, but a good friend who is a gifted writer said that she can hear my "voice" when I write which I guess is a good thing...

There is absolutely not one thing I would take a picture of in my home to show my decorating ability.  My home is comfy and  homey, but NOT a "WOW!" kind of home...

I try growing a garden and it is definitely so-so...

I figured out long time ago what my gift was...teaching.  I taught my little sisters how to tie their shoes when I was very small.  I would gather the whole neighborhood into our garage in the summer for summer school and I would be the teacher and the principal.  I grew up and became a credentialed teacher.  I love to teach!  So that is what I try to stick to on this blog...teach.

So it you know what your gifts and talents are, stick with them.  That is what you are good at doing.  Don't try to be someone else or you will always feel inadequate...

There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit.  There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men. Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.  
 I Corinthians 12:4-6