Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday Night Happy Hour!

Ryan told us awhile ago about this place that we "had to go to" because it is incredible...A hole in the wall place.  Once we find someplace we like, we stick to it...We become loyal customers.  Well we LOVE this place.  We have been going once a week for the happy hour.  We like happy hour, because it is so much cheaper.  So here is our little adventure we had on Friday night ~






We sit in the back garden leaning against cushions.  The air is a little humid...around 75 degrees...Perfect!



Their Sangria is AMAZING!!!  Although, you either love it or hate it...Ryan, Erin, and I love it.  Ken hates it.  It is sweet with a hint of cinnamon and lots of yummy berries in it.  The bread is amazing and the pesto you use to dip it in...Oh my!  I do enjoy obeying the verse about having a little wine for your frequent ailments...:)!







Ryan insists that the Calamari is the best ever!  We haven't tried it yet because we love the Maui tacos.  The sauce is incredible.  Ken orders two, I order one...I love to eat the bread!






Here is the front of this little hole in the wall.  If you are ever in North County San Diego, give it a try.  The waitresses have been there for years and love working there.





We park a mile away and walk along the ocean to get there.  This is the path we take down to the beach.  The tide was getting high so it was an adventure trying to get back without getting our shoes wet...but so fun!









I always try to point to Scripture in my posts.  We saw this walking back...the earth giving way.  This isn't an uncommon sight where we live.  I think it is better to build your home upon a solid foundation.... Just as it is to build your life upon the solid Rock that will never be moved.  Hallelujah!  He is the same yesterday, today, and forever!






This is the view as we are climbing the steps back to our car....Yes, I know we are spoiled...




I know you like to see a picture of my grand baby.  She is so precious!  I can hardly stand it...Look at those beautiful blue eyes...







Here are my kitties.  They are precious.  I have to keep them locked up in the little garage a lot, however, because the little one has pee peed on my couch a few times.  So I caught her once and sprayed her with a squirt bottle. She jumped two feet up in the air and high tailed back to the little garage.  She hasn't done it recently so hopefully she learned her lesson....Any tips would be greatly appreciated because she is a sweet little thing!

 



Oh...here is Gilroy, our mean, I mean, not so nice cat! Anyone need a cat???








Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities. 
I Timothy 5:23

He is like a man which built a house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.