Sunday, August 7, 2011

Restoring Years Locusts Have Eaten

Over twenty years is a long time to have no fun.  It's almost impossible to have fun when you are in pain and feeling poorly.  I was able to still enjoy many parts of my life...my husband, my children, my home, etc. but nothing was ever much fun.  

God brings about both the good and the bad. The seasons of famine have a divine purpose in our lives. They accomplish things that only these hard places can accomplish. But there is a time when those hard places have accomplished their purpose and He begins to restore. God did this with the nation of Israel after a season of famine and devastation.
Os Hillman


He has done this with me.  He has restored my health and now I am having fun!  Every Saturday, Ken and I walk along this beach to our favorite restaurant and have breakfast over-looking the ocean. 

They have an incredible egg burrito with potatoes, avocado, cheese, and tomatoes in it.  It is so good.  The restaurant uses mostly organic ingredients.  The burrito is only $5.  That is pretty inexpensive, especially since Ken and I share it.

We hold hands walking along the beach, talking, and enjoying the fresh air and sunshine.  God is so good!

After we ate, we drove over to see my grand baby who turned 1/2 the other day.  She is so precious!  My favorite times in my children's lives were between six months and 18 months...so innocent and precious.  Emma is growing up so fast.  We love her dearly.

Then, of course, I come home to my two favorite kittens.  They love each other!  Gilroy still hates them though.  He, at least, sniffs the little one now.

So take heart if you are going through tough times.  God uses them to mold us into what He wants us to be if we rest and trust in Him.  And He will restore the years the locusts have eaten, in this life or the next.  He always keeps His promises!


And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten ...
Joel 2:25

The LORD will sustain him on his sickbed and restore him from his bed of illness
Psalms 41:3



Jenny Matlock