Friday, August 5, 2011

No More Cavities!


If you have read my blog for any amount of time, you know I am very health conscious.  I try to steer clear of all chemicals in my food and home. 

I didn't give my children any fluoride when they were growing up.  I read how toxic it was to the body.  They all have had too many cavities.  Thankfully, I found a dentist who is very good and just drills out the small little decay and fills it with a white filling, unlike when I had a cavity.  The dentists would drill a huge hole in my tooth that would need a crown when I got older.  Ken and I both have bad teeth and my children have, unfortunately, inherited our weak teeth. 

But I found dentist who made sense to me.  She is into good health and I liked her arguments for her protocol.  Her website is Kiss Your Dentist Good Bye!  She researched what could keep teeth the healthiest with the fewest amount of chemicals. 

Instructions ~

You just use the Regular Crest toothpaste to brush.

Swish the Listerine in your mouth first and spit out.

Swish the ACT for a minute and spit it out. 

We do this twice a day. 

After eating a snack, you eat a small spoonful of Xylitol {I buy mine at iherb}.  It's yummy and makes your mouth alkaline!

I have been doing this for several years now and really notice a difference.  So have my children.  None of them have gotten a cavity since doing this program and there is no more plaque on my teeth.

I feel it is worth it to have healthy teeth.  We eat tons of healthy food so a small amount of chemicals shouldn't hurt.  My son, Steven, who is in dental school even recommends it to some of his patients.  So if you have poor teeth or want to keep your teeth healthy, you may want to check it out!

You can buy most of these products at Walmart or Target.