Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Husband, My Hero

This blog has been a blessing to me.  After so many years of being sick, I asked the Lord to show me how He wanted to use me.  I love mentoring and teaching people God's ways.  This has been a wonderful way to do that.

I have received comments from people who disagree with me and that is okay.  I don't expect everyone to agree with me.  I like to hear other people's opinions, however, there is a line that can be crossed...

Yesterday, when we got home from seeing my dad in the hospital, I checked my blog and saw eight mean-spirited, hateful comments on Teach Kids To Hate Evil.  I researched it and found they were coming from this website who took out one sentence and posted it.  I ran up to Ken and asked him what to do.  He said to delete them.  Shortly after, the person who put that comment on the other site, wrote that everyone must comment "nicely" so they could convince us naive ones that spanking is bad.

I allowed civil discourse on the post but no name calling.  Ken just got home from a trip and was exhausted, but he stayed up late commenting and trying to reason with these people.  He rarely comments on my blog, but he was fighting my battle for me...Whenever I get some disagreeable comments, he helps me.  He is so good!

Whenever anybody needs anything, they ask him because they know he will do it.  He is a giver of his time, money, and talents.  He is a wonderful father, husband, and provider.  I feel protected underneath him.  I like that feeling.

When I was in bed last night, thinking about him fighting this battle for me, I wept.  God is so good to have given me a husband like him.  I am so happy that I  am a good wife to him now.  He deserves that.  He tells everyone what a fabulous wife I am.  I had to earn that title.  I am so happy I know how to be a good wife now.  Life is so rich with a good marriage...Oh, the sweet ways of Jesus!

Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.  I Peter 3:7




friday favorite things | finding joy