Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Abounding In Love

My pastor preached a great sermon on Philippians 1:9 the other day ~

And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment (wisdom).

I write about love a lot on this blog.  In my ripe old age of 52, I see that love is the most important thing in life.  

You gain knowledge by reading and meditating on God's Word.  You gain wisdom by putting that knowledge into action.

We are to become more and more like Christ as we mature in Him.  That means we love more and more.

Are you loving your husband more year by year?

Are you loving your children more year by year?

Are you loving your friends, neighbors, co-workers, and even your in-laws more year by year?

Love isn't a feeling.  It isn't just telling someone you love them.  It is by showing them you love them ~

Listening to them.

Serving them.

Speaking and thinking only good thoughts about them.

Helping them when they are in need.

So I challenge you to grow in the wisdom and knowledge of our Lord and love others deeply from the heart and forgive those you need to forgive!