Monday, August 29, 2011

The Value of Siblings


 Here are the four children the Lord has blessed me with. Ken and I would have liked four more but I was too sick.  Siblings are awesome!  There is definitely a bond between them.  I think that bond is called blood.

Cassi went through a couple of difficult days lately.  The first thing she did was call Steven and they talked for 20 minutes.  He encouraged her and gave her wise counsel.   The next day she went up and spent the day with Alyssa.  That afternoon she went on a long walk with Erin.  It warms my heart to see her run to her siblings for comfort and help during difficult times.

My sisters and I were not that close growing up. I was bossy and controlling and they didn't like that...Imagine that. In the past year, however, we have gotten very close and it is wonderful. I am sad it took that long but with me being so sick for such a long time, it didn't help.

But God definitely restores the years the locusts have eaten and we're enjoying each other now. In fact, in September we are going to NYC for five days with my mom. A first for all of us to go on a trip together all grown up!

If you were blessed with siblings, love them and if there is disharmony, do whatever you can to create peace.  Family is a wonderful gift from God.

Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous.
I Peter 3:8

P.S.  If any of you are from NYC and know of good hotels near Soho or the Financial District, could you tell me about them?  We want two rooms with two double beds and not outrageously expensive in a four star hotel...Is that asking too much??? :)

Like Mother, Like Daughter
Unwasted Homemaking Party
Thankful Thursday