Sunday, June 17, 2012

Dying With Regrets


Let's pretend I never read Created To Be His Help Meet.  Ken and I stayed married until I died at the ripe old age of 82 years old.  We were essentially roommates.  We lived our whole married lives arguing with each other.  I never really showed him respect.  I continued getting upset with him when he ate poorly, drove too fast, or said stupid things.  We never had that intimate marriage we both desired.

When I got to heaven, God asked me why I treated my husband so poorly.  I told him all the things about Ken that bugged me and why he wasn't worthy of respect.  He wasn't the spiritual leader he was suppose to be and he didn't love me like Christ loved the church.

God gently told me that loving our husbands is written all over His Word.  We are told to please them, obey them in everything, be servants of all, and love each other earnestly.  His Word commanded me to respect my husband and that love covered a multitude of sins.  He asked me if I didn't understand that I Corinthians 13 applied to husbands as well.

I told Him I read my Bible all the time.  I was raised in the church.  I always was in a Bible study and even led them.  Then I told him it must have been the church's fault.  There was no older woman who taught me how to love my husband.  I was never modeled a godly marriage.  It must have been my parent's fault.  It sure couldn't have been my fault.  I was too godly.

Then He lovingly told me he forgave me.  Yes, I was completely and totally forgiven.  He told me He loved me so much that He paid the penalty for my sin of not loving my husband.  He would remember my sin no more.  It was dead and buried.

Unfortunately, I never got to experience a heavenly marriage.   I never experienced my husband adoring me and wanting to serve me.  I never experienced him telling everyone what an incredible wife I was to him.  I never experienced long walks holding hands and having fun conversations.  I never experienced deep, intimate love making.  I missed out...

Don't miss out.  I am that older woman admonishing you to start loving your husband today.  Don't live with any regrets.

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.
I Corinthians 13

Thankful for ~

A God of second chances
A transformed marriage
God working mightily in me
Having no regrets...

Multitudes On Monday, Gratituesday, Encourage One Another, Hearts 4 Home
Marital Oneness, Better Mom, Miscellany Monday, Imperfect Prose, Thought Provoking Thursday
Modest Monday, Metamorphosis Monday, On Your Heart, It's Okay Thursday