Sunday, June 3, 2012

She Only Does Him Good


Some of you don't agree with me.  I wrote a post A Simple Happy Marriage and some of you think marriage isn't simple.  You said life is hard and we are all sinners.  Nothing in life is easy and marriage takes a lot of hard work.

I still have to disagree with you.  I never said that life was easy or simple.  The past eight years that Ken and I have had an easy marriage has not been an easy life.  I have had a brain tumor, been in bed for years due to the tumor and a neck fusion, and other health trials.  Life hasn't been easy for us.

Our marriage has been easy, however.  Ken and I were discussing that post and the comments and Ken said that the more unselfish one becomes, the easier marriage becomes.  This is so true.  I use to be so selfish and I have definitely seen that the more I forget about myself and my wants and focus on him and his wants, the better our marriage has become.

Ken's parents had an easy marriage.  They never argued.  His mom was loving and submissive and did everything she could to make sure Ken's father was happy.  Ken's father remarried after Ken's mom died and his second marriage is easy.  Their lives haven't been easy.  They have had many trials but their marriage is easy.

Jon's parents have an easy marriage.  They are best friends.  They adore each other.  Jon's mom loves waiting on Jon's dad hand and foot.  She loves making him happy and he is one happy guy.  He also loves to make her happy.  He treats her like she is his queen.

My best friend, Sandy, has been married twice.  Her first husband died of a brain tumor.  She is a gentle, kind, and submissive wife.  Both of her husbands have adored her.  Her life has been hard.  She has had a lot of pain and trials in her life but she knows how to do marriage right.

Ken's mom, step mom, Jon's mom, and Sandy are unselfish people. They live to serve others and they have reaped what they have sown.  Their husbands love them and they have simple, happy marriages.  I know it can be done.

They have all lived by this verse ~

The heart of her husband does safely trust in her, so that he shall have not need of spoil.  She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
Proverbs 31:11,12

If marriage is to be a model of Christ and the Church, we should be one beautiful model to this ugly, messed up world.  Maybe the world would be much more attracted to Christ if we were modeling to them what a Christ centered marriage looked like.

Ask God to make you more like Jesus.  Spend time in His Word and prayer.  Listen to wise Bible teachers and mentors.  Find examples of women you admire and hang out with them.  Watch them closely and allow God to work mightily within you.  Start having a heavenly marriage.  It is a wonderful thing.