Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Woman Can't Have It All


Finally, a prominent woman gets it or so I thought.  She worked in Washington D.C. and has two teenage sons.  She realized she couldn't work a high powered job and raise children successfully.  She rarely saw her two sons and one of them was always getting in trouble.

Her solution ~

The best hope for improving the lot of all women, and for closing what Wolfers and Stevenson call a “new gender gap”—measured by well-being rather than wages—is to close the leadership gap: to elect a woman president and 50 women senators; to ensure that women are equally represented in the ranks of corporate executives and judicial leaders. Only when women wield power in sufficient numbers will we create a society that genuinely works for all women. That will be a society that
works for everyone.

When women hold all leadership positions, then and only then will women be able to have it all!  I am not sure how she thinks women in charge of everything will help women have it all.  There is no way a woman can have it all.  No one can.  She lives in a dream world.

Very few women can work a full time job and be home to raise a healthy and happy family with a strong marriage.  Sure, there are some of you out there who say you are doing it and you well may be able to but for the majority of us, we admit that it isn't possible.  Something suffers and it is usually the marriage.

She still believes women need to work towards having careers and maybe even putting off having a family.  Tell me how having a career is so much more fulfilling than raising children, loving your husband, and creating a happy home.  Why is working a 9:00 to 5:00 job suppose to be so much better than that? 

Personally, I think many men do a great job in leadership positions.  I like men to be leaders.  I know that is a very politically incorrect position but I don't care.  God seems to like men in leadership positions also.  Almost everywhere in the Bible, men were in leadership positions {Moses, Abraham, Daniel, David, Solomon, Paul, etc.}.

Most women in leadership positions, unfortunately, have feminists values that I disagree with like abortion, free birth control, and homosexual marriage.  I am not sure why that is but it seems to be the trend.  Maybe it is because women who hold my views enjoy being at home taking care of their husbands, children, and homes.

I have no intention of offending any of you women who have to work outside of the home or choose to do that.  I am simply stating my convictions and what the Bible tells me to do, namely, to teach the young women to be keepers at home. 

To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good,
obedient to their own husbands,
that the word of God be not blasphemed.
Titus 2:5